Life Poem

Live ev'ry moment of each dawning day
And give to the Lord your life without pay
Live to the fullest, but be down to earth
And remember those whom've loved you since birth

Help Save the John L. Johnson Auditorium

Power
      It's a stranger
But a Mother all the same
If ever I could feel it
Touch it
Taste it

I would.


But loss
Loss is power 
A power
A power all on its own
Something stronger than anything I've ever known

I don't know.

I don't know what to do.

With power I am strong.

With loss...I am wrong.

The stage is where I feel power
Where I feel loss

It is where I know my heart is beating
Every hour
Every minute
Every day


Hours upon hours I have poured
I have sweated
I have cried into that theatre
Into my home

And I won't give up.

It is threatened by power
It is threatened by loss

They plague its scaffolding
They scratch away at its doors

The ones who teach
They take away
And the ones who learn
Lose many days

For my home is threatened by restructure
By reconstruction

It may not seem much to an audience of those who have never seen

But to those whom have seen everything happen within
Those whom have made those happenings happen

It is everything.

It is a lesson...

It is power unfeeling and power renewed:

It is loss taken and then given.

It is every emotion rolled into one

It is every lesson taught


The theatre we lose
That home is more than a building
It is our teacher

Our friend.

Our parent.

Please, help save the John L. Johnson Auditorium in Napoleon, Ohio.

Follow Maumee Valley Civic Theatre on Facebook and donate to save the place that taught so many who they are and who they can someday become.

No comments:

Post a Comment